Nothing is more frustrating than logging in to find your avatar won’t rez and it appears as a cloud, or smoke to you and/or others, or to find out others only see you as a cloud or smoke while you see yourself fine, but fear not as this is an easy issue to correct.
If you find you are having this issue, please try the following steps in order:
- While logged in, press Control-Alt-R
This will cause your avatar to “ReBake” which will sometimes correct the issue.
- If step 1 did not work, then the next step is to create and then wear new shape, new skin, new eyes, new hair, new shirt, and new shoes.
This almost never fails, but the results will be that your avatar is now a “Ruth” and you will need to redress the avatar the way you like.
- An alternate solution to step 2 is to simply visit the welcome area and choose and wear a new avatar appearance from one of the starter avatars found there.
- If steps 1-3 fail, try clearing the cache on your viewer and then relog.
- If you’re still a cloud, try logging in using a different viewer to test to see if your avatar appears, if it does, it’s most likely a cache issue which wasn’t solved by clearing your cache.
- It would be very, very rare one of the above steps does not cure your issue, but if all else fails, submit a support ticket and we’ll be glad to help.